Garnethill Hebrew Congregation
GARNETHILL HEBREW CONGREGATION
129 Hill Street, Glasgow G3 6UB Tel: 0141 332 4151
Senior congregation in city. Victorian “A” listed building. Group of visitors shown round by appointment. Scottish Jewish Archives have completed a renovation and upgrading of their museum housed in the building. We are a friendly congregation who welcome visitors on Shabbat and Yomtov.
Garnethill Synagogue was the first purpose built synagogue in Scotland and is the country’s premier Jewish house of worship. Its inaugural services was held on 9 September 1879 and a massive refurbishment was completed in 1998. Jews from all over the world come to the synagogue, not only to worship but to marvel at its interior. To arrange a visit, please write to the synagogue enclosing a stamped addressed envelope. Sabbath (Saturday) services begin at 10am.
Cantor: Eddie Binnie Bal Torah: Stanley Kaye Senior Warden: Errol Hornstein
Chair: Susan Siegel
Secretary: Jessie Little ([email protected])
Hon Treasurer: Gary Marks ([email protected])
Ex officio liaising with SJAC: Tony Silverdale
Hon Life President: Bernard Goodman