To view the calendar, click on ‘Calendar‘.
To Add an event to the calendar:
Events can be added to the online calendar by following these instructions:
- If you hover over the Calendar button, you will see an ‘Add Event’ option.
- Click on it.
- Put in the main event details in the Event Title box – including starting time – eg Giffnock Shul Burns Supper – 6.30pm
- In the Event Description Box, put in as much detail as you would like, but especially the name of the organisation and contact details, starting time and finishing time if you know it.
- For Event Categories – click the Other Events box if it is a one-off.
- Event Image: – If you have a flier or a photo of a speaker etc., you can add it here from your PC.
- Event Time and Date: Please click on the All Day Event box (we have to do it this way to ensure that the One-off events appear at the top of the day’s entries)
- Put in the date.
- Venue details – Many of the venues will already have been added to the Calendar and if you click on the drop down arrow opposite the ‘Use Saved Venue’ first option, you can check if it is there. If not, you can add it in the next box. At the bottom of the Venue details section, click on the Show Google Map button.
- Event Cost – put in the ticket cost if you know it. If the event is free, put in ‘0’.
- Submit event.
An email will be generated which we will receive so that we can check and approve the entry – generally the same day.
Please note that ideally we ask for at least four weeks’ notice of events to ensure they can be advertised to the community in plenty of time.
Lastly, please use the calendar when planning your event and use it to see what else is happening in the community.